Moms are a hot demographic, holding the power of the purse strings - and now you can add content of special interest to them to your paper and Web site with MCT's MOMS package.
By the numbers: There are more than 82.5 million mothers in the U.S. who spend more than $3.7 trillion annually on consumer goods and services. More than 40 percent of all women who go online in the U.S. - 35 million of them - have children under 18 at home.
Today's mothers are more than just the soccer moms of the '90s. Now there are three generations of women raising children - boomers, Gen X and Millenniums/Gen Y.
MCT offers an easy way to reach these readers and the online audience they constitute with the new weekly package, MOMS. The package covers a wide range of motherhood topics, as well as the latest mom gear, tips and advice. This is a lot more than just another parenting column: stories will focus on all aspects of the life of an American mom.
MOMS content will work in your in-paper features sections and as a supplement to user-generated content on your local moms Web site, keeping those advertiser-precious moms on your site longer.
Here's more about the package: MOMS is a text and visuals package with about 14 to 16 stories each week. This is new content that is not available as part of your MCT News Service subscription, only as part of MOMS. Each package includes stories with art that are appropriate for use as a centerpiece. Topics include anything and everything affecting mothers from labor and delivery trends to driving while multi-tasking. And most stories have a "chatting with your gal pals" tone that moms are looking for.
The package also includes regular fixtures that you can use throughout your paper or Web site, including:
- Two feature stories each week for use online or in print - or both!
- Special series including book excerpts from "What Every 21st Century Parent Needs to Know" and blog entries from Elisabeth Hasselbeck of "The View."
- Two to three short pieces with tips and advice.
- Three to four "voices" pieces featuring the insights of real moms, including a forum round-up spotlighting useful discussion taking place on the parenting forums of newspapers around the country.
- Three to four product reviews of gear items and books for moms.
- A weekly women's or kids' health graphic.
- Weekly columnists who share their adventures in motherhood.
MCT MOMS will post every Monday.
For purchasing information, contact our sales staff.